Monday, May 29, 2006

the 3 brothers

Daniel's brother, Steve, came in town this past weekend. Josh, Daniel's younger brother, lives with Daniel. Steve and his family live in Maryland. He's the oldest of the 6 siblings. I've met him once before when I went to Maryland during the Christmas holidays. He's super sweet. Really generous. Loving. Had a great time meeting all of Daniel and Josh's friends. It was great to get to hang out with him again! We went to the Stockyards and ate good ol' Texas barbecue at Riscky's on Friday. Saturday we swam at Nanu's (the lady I'm living with for the summer. She has a pool in her backyard. It's making for great afternoon relaxation!). Saturday afternoon/evening the brothers spent some time together and Steve shared wisdom from his years of marriage. Then the boys went out for a mini-bachelor party. Daniel got a bunch of random advice from men at the restaurant. Sunday was Steve's last day in Arlington. We went to church, then out to eat at Jason's Deli before we took Steve to the airport. I've recently met some girls from Saudi Arabia. They hung out with us at Jason's Deli as did Joshie and his girlfriend, Elizabeth. We had a great weekend with you, Steve!! So glad you could make it down!

2 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

where'd ya meet the girls?

auDi tHis woRld said...

met them at a graduation ceremony at UTA with Daniel. they are really great. they asked for my phone number, called me a week later and invited me over. stayed 4 hours that evening and ate a "macarona" dish with them. when we got in my car that evening, they saw the wedding invitations in my car and asked if they could help me. they made "koshary" for me the following day and we stuffed about 100 wedding invitations. very cool. we hung out Sunday. will tell you more about that in person. ;-) we're hanging out Thursday this week. i'm having LOTS of fun with them!!