Monday, February 26, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, RYAN!

Daniel and I made a quick trip up to Oklahoma City Friday night for our friend Ryan Smith's birthday party. It was a smashing birthday party - kareoke, "whose line is it anyway" renditions, sharades, dancing, stand-up comedy, and more! Our last visit to OKC was for Ryan's birthday last year - too long of a time between the two visits. I've only really known Ryan through Daniel, although he was in Turkey in 1999 and 2000 when I went for short term trips. However, I feel like I've known he and his wife, Adriane, for much longer. There's just something about the bond of Christ and our hearts for the nations that makes friendship so easy and painless! I commented to Adriane Friday night that it's easier to come in her kitchen, wash dishes with her, and chat about anything and everything after having only seen her 4 times in my life than it is for me to connect with people I've known in Fort Worth for over a year.

Connecting with people - that's what life is all about for this little girl. And Ryan and Adriane are super fun people to connect with...and did I forget to mention Daniel's other good friend, Andy Edwards, who lives in OKC? He and Daniel were once roommies as well. Ryan, Adriane, and Andy all love Jesus and pursue intimacy with him which is why our hearts are drawn to friendship with them, even living 3 1/2 hours away, and they also love to have a good time...can you tell? We had a great weekend of laughs and encouraging conversations. We spent the night with them and had a lazy Saturday. We took their new Toyota Highlander around the nearby lake and almost got blown away by the gushing wind on Saturday. Then we headed back Saturday evening after dinner with all of them. Fun times! Fun times! Isn't God good?!?!!!!

Ryan turns 32 today! Happy, Happy, Happy Birthday, Ryan!

5 comments:

Ryan said...

YES!! Awesome post - you guys are the best. Thanks again for spending your weekend with us, we loved it and we love you - we will come down there soon and see your lovely home. Many blessings!!
Ryan and Adriane

knelson said...

kim! we will be going to OKCity soon - my youngest is considering Ok. City Univers. - can you get some scoop from your friends on that school? Would love some local input. Love you!

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

hey kim, just wanted to say happy birthday!!

Anonymous said...

Happy late birthday, Kimmie! Hope it was a GREAT one!!!!!!!!!

Mandy said...

Happy belated birthday, Kim! I hope you had a great one. I'm guessing we'll get to read about it soon. :) Have a good week!