Saturday, January 12, 2008

a proper dinner together...at last

If you've ever lived with me or have been around me after I've re-positioned the furniture in whatever house I'm living in, you know that I have a fettish for moving around furniture. Last week while Daniel was off work for the New Year, we woke up and I had a desire to change things around again. We've changed around furniture in our house now 8 times, most of the changes being in our living room. I guess since we painted the kitchen wall red and we know that for now, we're not immediately moving overseas, and we don't feel like buying a house is something we're supposed to do right now, we feel like we can settle in a bit more in this house. What you need to know before reading the rest of this blog is that we don't have a dining room in our house, so when we eat meals, we eat sitting the couch using TV trays or on pillows on the floor around a Morroccan style octagonal coffee table.

About a month or two ago Daniel began talking about really wanting to have a dinner table to share our meals on. Well, with this most recent arrangement of the furniture in the living room, there was a possible place for a small dinette set. I was at Target with mom over Christmas and saw what I thought would be perfect for us. Daniel and I went back to Target together and after several discussions about it, we purchased a 3-piece dining set (some assembly required) today! And now, we can have 'a proper dinner together'!

working on the table assembly


a very proud display of our hard work on the table

now, on to assembling the chairs


And here we are, enjoying a peach smoothie, at our new dinner table!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The table looks great! When are we coming over? Love y'all...thanks again for being there Sunday.
-Rebecca

Mallory said...

Kim, i am an avid furniture re-arranger too. It can become addictive! In fact, when my dad first met Mallory, he advised him to put all our furniture on wheels!

Glad y'all had a good Christmas!