Thursday, June 05, 2008

drum roll please....

We are off the hook for paying for a wedding for our first child! Yep, that's right...he's a BOY! :-) Here are his photos. Isn't he handsome!??! The first one shows he's a male. The next two are pictures of him, head on - his face is at the top and the two longer images on the left side of the picture are of his forearm with his hand right up against his temple and his knee scrunched up touching his elbow.
It was such music to our ears to hear his little heartbeat yesterday at the doctor's office after having taken him on a 2 week trek through the Himalayas and up to 17,400 feet. The sonogram man measured his head and femur, etc. and said that he is right on schedule for his November 3rd arrival date! We are so grateful for God's faithfulness to keep this little boy growing inside of me despite all of the energy I burned while trekking and despite the lack of fruits and veges while there. GOD IS SO GOOD! We are praising Him for our son.

A sweet addition to the story: After the sonogram I had to go to the bathroom. Daniel stood in the hallway, holding the sonogram pictures of our son. I came out of the bathroom to a teary-eyed husband who said, "That's our son!" It was such a sweet moment. Some of the sweetest moments of my pregnancy so far have been those moments with Daniel - hearing his tender comments after visits to the midwife. It's really been the greatest joy in this journey!
Here's a closer up shot of picture number three from the top photos.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww, super sweet!

Carrie said...

I am so excited for y'all!! Thanks for sharing the sweet story.

Anonymous said...

If your mom is anything like my mom... you would not find this out till the baby was six months old. Sara and Eddie had a boy last week. Jesse Ramone weighed 6lbs and 11oz. 19inches. Georgous. I'm so excited for you. Keep me in the loop, cause as I said if I left it to my mom, your baby will be 6 mos old by the time she gets around to telling me. Your Cousin Cassie

Adriane said...

Wahoo!!! We are SO excited for you guys! Thanks for the phone call. Boys are a BLAST! Seriously. They are so much fun, and they just have a sweet way of melting your heart. I have this hunch that our boys are going to be buddies. :) Blessings to your little family

Cal said...

YAY!!! I am excited for you guys and sad that I did not get to see you before I left fort worth...I am excited to hear about all of your adventures!

Smith + Long said...

congrats guys...boys are so fun!! what a blessing from the Lord!!!

Nicole said...

Congrats!! A boy. How fun! Can't wait to read about your travel adventures...Hope you are feeling great and enjoying this fun new stage of family!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! So excited for you...a boy! You'll have your hands full!

Ryan said...

Oh man, felt so honored to get a call from you. I knew you guys were having a boy (isn't that what I told you, if not then I meant to).
I am excited, can't wait to hang out with you guys - why can't it be SOON! I hope so, either we are there or you are here.
Love you alot, call you this weekend.
RJS

Kandy said...

yeah! baby boys are sooo much fun!!! Congrats!

drowninginblessing said...

Not paying for a wedding... that's a benefit of a boy I hadn't fully contemplated! (of course, if Abe marries a local, then we get to pay bride price... hmm, so we need to arrange a western bride for the boy). I agree with you... some of the best part of parenting is watching your sweetheart become a dad. Much love from Malaysia! RM