Tuesday, July 29, 2008

2 years ago today...

I became Mrs. Kimberly Audi.

Last year at this time, Daniel and I decided to start a Word document of memories that we wanted to record over the past year. And, I'm so glad that we did. I know that years down the road when more and more memories have been added and more and more time has elapsed, and our brains are older, it won't be as easy to remember the random fun, sad, scary, exciting things that we've done in our history as husband and wife. We've yet to make time to that again this year, but it's definitely a tradition we intend to continue.

Another tradition we began last year was to watch our wedding video on our anniversary. Glory Productions did a fabulous job capturing the wedding day and even the night before, at the rehearsal dinner. We LOVE reliving that evening and the following day. For anyone reading this who is not yet married, I highly suggest spending the money on a videographer when your time comes. The memories are so fun to relive!

On to reflecting: I recently saw a friend of mine's blog (Carrie) who posted pictures from her wedding day on her anniversary as well. I thought I'd do the same. (Pictures are all courtesy of Melissa Breedlove, our photographer.)

We didn't see each other before the wedding, so this was our attempt at calming any butterflies we had - a greeting through the door!

Our wedding party consisted of my sister, my 3 best friends since high school, Daniel's 2 brothers and 2 of his best friends. We were honored to have such fantastic people stand with us, supporting us as we became husband and wife. And Jim Reynolds, a mentor of Daniel's and friend of ours since we began dating, officiated our wedding.


When we started dating, Daniel said to me, "I think we should set some boundaries, so I just wanted to let you know that if I ever kiss Kim Hood, I'll kiss her at the altar one day." And well, he kept his word, and this was our very first kiss!


And here we are, "Mr. and Mrs. Daniel Audi!!!" I can hear the music now, Chris Hanchey singing, "You're just too good to be true. Can't take my eyes off of you. You'd be like heaven to touch. I wanna hold you so much...." as we walked out of the sanctuary!

We couldn't have had such a beautiful wedding without the sweet support of my mom and dad. Thanks, Mama and Daddy, for a perfect wedding. Really, it was the perfect day for us!!


My family expanded - these are my new in-laws. Along with them, I also gained 4 sisters-in-law that day as well as 4 brothers-in-law, and 8 nieces and nephews!

We left the church and drove to the reception in this great Model A car, I think it's a 1928 model.

Who needs to be serious at a wedding??? Weddings are for celebrating two people God has joined together. Let's celebrate big!!!

The reception was so much fun - seeing many friends who came to support us, dancing, eating yummy cake, and celebrating that we were now husband and wife! Ah...it was a great day!

3 comments:

ellieandavasmommy said...

No, way. We left our wedding in a Model A - it was my grand-daddy's! Congrats!

Carrie said...

Kimmie, we do the SAME thing! We watch our video each year...made by Glory Productions. LOVE IT!!

Robin said...

did you know that our anniversaries are 2 days apart? we celebrated 4 years on the 31st! i also used gerber daisies! your wedding pics are beautiful!