Thursday, November 06, 2008

out of town guests.

Well, it's 2 days past the little one's due date and we're still playing the waiting game - no consistent contractions or anything. The midwives have scheduled me to be induced on Wednesday night, November 12, with cervidil and will start pitocin Thursday morning, November 13, if the cervidil doesn't put me into labor. However, I'm hoping that neither of those things are necessary and that the little one will wiggle and squirm and send me into natural labor before having to be induced.

I know God has a perfect plan. Well, I know that in my head, and I'm trying to believe that in my heart. Sometimes it's hard to do that when I feel frustrated and just want to see his little face and hold him and know everything is okay.

In the meantime, I thought I'd blog! :-)

We've been blessed by some out-of-town visitors over the past month.

Andy and Laura came down for the TX-OU weekend and stayed with us after the game. Andy was Daniel's roommate when Daniel first moved to DFW from Maryland over 5 years ago! Now Andy lives in Oklahoma City. We had a fun night of being lazy on the couch, watching "Planet Earth," and eating quesadillas!

Us, Laura, & Andy after a yummy Sunday morning breakfast at IHOP!

Ryan and Adriane are also from OKC and came to DFW to celebrate their 4 year anniversary. And, even chose to have dinner with us on their anniversary weekend. We're always so blessed by them and their love for Jesus and just good conversation.

Ryan, Adriane, and us after a HUGE meal at Joe T. Garcia's.

Chris, Zahra, Brendon, and Zoey were driving through Fort Worth from Ohio...on their way to the Austin area. Chris and Daniel have been friends since high school. They stopped by for just an hour or two yesterday for a little road trip break. We haven't seen them since our wedding, over 2 years ago. It was good to catch up!

Us, Zahra holding Zoey, and Chris holding Brendon.

3 comments:

The Tylers said...

Hey KIM-
Maybe the baby will hold out until the 11th(my 30th b-day) but for your sake I will say tomorrow! Thanks for blogging! I am waiting on the news:)

Mysti said...

Hang in there - he'll be here soon. We are thinking of you and looking forward to hearing "He's here!"

Mandy said...

Hey Kimmie,
You're being so patient waiting on him to come into this world. I'm excited for you! His room looks so cute! He'll love it! :)