Friday, January 01, 2010

Happy New Year

We weren't so sure about our New Year's Eve plans until the last minute, but....Josh & Elizabeth and Caleb & Michelle moved their party from J&E's house to our house around 9:00 last night. We played Wii until 2:30 this morning, stopping only for a smooch with our spouses at the midnight hour. Then, we were back to our Wii playing. This is our 4th year to play games into the New Year with J&E and C&M. Thanks, guys, for a fun night bringing in the New Year. And, for wanting to celebrate with us despite the fact that we now have 2 wee ones at home!

HAPPY NEW YEAR, blogging world! ....can you make out our human 2-0-1-0???

2 comments:

Jack and Sheryl said...

So, this is funny. I was 'googling' smash cake, and on about the 4th page of those, was your blog. How funny to actually find someone I know on a random google search. So how did you and Daniel get together? And it looks like your kids are as close together as our first two. Congratulations on the new baby! Grace and blessings! Sheryl De Bruin Landham

auDi tHis woRld said...

Sheryl,

Small world, but Daniel and I met in Fort Worth. He moved here after he lived in Turkey and I moved here after I lived in Egypt. We both ended up working for Catholic Charities in refugee resettlement, teaching English. We met at an event for the refugees and I recognized him somehow in my brain as having seen him in Turkey. Brent Mayfield was also working for CC and I asked him if Daniel had been in Turkey. He said yes and told me to introduce myself. I did. Daniel asked me for my phone number and...a few months later after chatting on the phone and by email, he asked me out. The rest is history. 3 1/2 months later we were engaged and almost 6 months later we were married!

What are you up to these days?