Monday, March 07, 2011

best friends, take 2

A few posts back I posted an entry entitled, "for Bre," and posted a photo of me with my best friends (minus Nikki). Well, here's one with all of my best friends!

Last night Louisiana came to Texas - homemade crawfish etoufee, red beans and rice, and shirmp fettucine alfredo, topped with a King Cake and Mardi Gras decor. The occasion?


My 32nd birthday!


I think I say it often (well "often" for how little I actually blog these days), but... the ladies you see here in this picture are the cream of the crop. I mean, really. They are regularly encouraging me, pointing me to Jesus, asking me hard questions, walking with me as I endeavor to walk in freedom rather than live under the bondage of religiosity and legalism. They laugh with me. Cry with me. Do silly things with me. Make me a better wife. Make me a better mommy. Make me a better friend. Make me a better follower of Jesus. Which in turn hopefully makes me a better daughter and sister and woman in general.

My entire life the Lord has blessed me with absolutely amazing friends at different seasons of my life. And these are the ladies who are my bestest of friends at this season of life - and, I'm so blessed. So blessed. Lindsey, Bre, Nikki, Michelle, Elizabeth, and Natalie... it is an absolute privilege to be in community and in relationship with such sweet, caring, thoughtful and absolutely wonderful friends. I am a rich woman because of you. Thank you!!

2 comments:

The Tylers said...

I know u are so busy, but I loved catching up on your life! So glad all of you are doing great. Many hugs!

auDi tHis woRld said...

Thanks, Suzanne! It felt nice to actually blog - short and sweet, but...recorded, none-the-less!