Saturday, June 17, 2006

This is for you, ABDULLE

Abdulle is the dark one in this photo. The other one you may not recognize is Jennifer, my supervisor in the tutoring program I work for at Catholic Charities. Abdulle is a co-worker of mine and Daniel's. He is from Somalia. We've really enjoyed getting to know him. He's just plain fun and he's so interested in our lives - WE LOVE IT! He always seems to know where we are, what we are doing. I never know how. But his response is always, "Kim, I have a camera that records everything you do!" I told him at the shower that Catholic Charities gave us last night that he would finally make the blog. So...you've made the blog, Abdulle!!! And I dedicate this post to YOU!!!

Catholic Charities is an extremely diverse work environment, which Daniel and I love. It's like the Lord brough all the nations, together in one building. At our shower, Lebanon, Somalia, Albania, Sudan, Indonesia, Vietnam, and the good ol' U.S. of A. were all represented! We were asked to share our story at the shower. Daniel shared about the day we first met at the Tour de Cafe with Catholic Charities, April 20, 2005, to the day he proposed to me, February 6, 2006. Catholic Charities plays such a special role in our relationship - it's how God brought us together. I shared, too, about how I had prayed that the work I did while I was a student at seminary would prepare me for my future overseas. When I started with Catholic Charities, I thought He was preparing me to be an English teacher. What I discovered, though, was that He was introducing me to my life partner, the man with whom I would serve Him for a lifetime! Amazing. Amazing. Amazing. Isn't He amazing?

2 comments:

Shonnie Lewis Streder said...

Kim, your spirit of gratitude and faith are such an inspiration. I wish you guys the best and can't wait to make a movie about you!

auDi tHis woRld said...

Thanks chica! We're looking forward to our MOVIE as well. We felt like stars when we had our first 'shoot' with Melissa Breedlove! It was great!!!