Saturday, July 22, 2006

JUST A WEEK LEFT

***DISCLAIMER**** This entry is a bit sappy, but hey...I'm getting married in a week!!! I can be sappy!!!

I woke up this morning and thought..."Next Saturday when I wake up, it will be my wedding day!" It's a strange, yet very exciting feeling!!! I'm about to move in with a guy - really? A guy? I'm gonna live with a guy!?!?!? EXCITING!!! 'Cause the guy God picked for me is absolutley amazing.

When I went home for Christmas, I began reading in my old journals, starting from college. I decided then that as his wedding gift one day, I wanted to make Daniel a scrapbook of all of the journal entries I had written, praying for my future mate. It's been so amazing to read glimpses into my past thoughts, dreams, desires, and to now know the man for whom I was praying. Yes, Daniel meets every prayer I've ever prayed, down to the intricate details - silly wants in my mate, and spiritual ones. He's got it all. He is my prince charming, the answer to my prayers, my dream come true!

Mostly, as I re-read through these journals, I've been in awe of God. He loves His children dearly. He does hear the desires of our hearts and longs to meet our needs. He knew the longings of my heart for a mate, long, long ago. And He's been preparing me and preparing Daniel for our future together, to be the man and the woman that each other desires. Daniel really does make me a better person. He quiets my rustled feathers when I get stressed out or angry, he gives me 10000000000 reasons to laugh and smile when we're together (and even when we're not). He challenges me to the core to follow Christ more whole-heartedly.

God is good. Yes, He is good. He is better than good. I guess we'll never really do justice to putting into words our gratitude for all of His awesome wonder, but for today, I'll end with saying, GOD'S GOODNESS IS OVERWHELMINGLY BREATH-TAKING!! PRAISE HIM, OH YOU PEOPLE!!! BE STILL AND KNOW THAT HE IS GOD. HE WILL BE EXALTED AMONG THE NATIONS. HE WILL BE EXALTED IN ALL THE EARTH!!! Amen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I ran across your blog while I was living in India a few months ago, through some people you were linked to, I think we have mutual friends... anyway, I've enjoyed following your story and have really enjoyed it. I think from your posts that you are planning on moving to Turkey one day? Maybe our paths will cross, my fiance lives there right now, and we plan to live overseas as well. Maybe Turkey, maybe somewhere else, we'll see. anyway, congrats on getting married!
- Kim

Megan said...

Congrats, Kim! May you love Daniel even more after many years of marriage. I thank God all the time for the precious gift of Todd!

Cairo-karios said...

Kim, (and Daniel)
I am so happy for you and the joy and excitement that you are feeling. I love that our God is so utterly faithful to His word and so faithful to us and I have loved seeing this truth come alive in your life. I think of our talks and how you long not for just anyone but for that "right" person and look he has arrived and it sounds to me that he was wellllll worth the wait.
I will be thinking about you and praying for you. Savor the day and all the hoopla as it is your day to be the Princess who gets to kiss her Prince Charming!
God is good!
love you Amy