Saturday, August 26, 2006

NIGHT OF THE BLUES

...thought it was a sad night???? You're WRONG!!! It actually WAS a BLUE night. You see, our friend Chris turned 32 this past week and inivited a slew of people to his house for a birthday shin-dig. And the theme was BLUE. Everyone else just wore normal, casual clothes...in the color of BLUE. However, Daniel and I simply found BLUE things in our closets, and put all of them on. He sported jeans with blue swim trunks over them and a BLUE under armor with a BLUE and BLUE striped polo shirt. To top it off, he wore his BLUE bike helmet and BLUE tennis shoes! I wore BLUE and BLUE tie-dyed beach pants with a matching BLUE and BLUE tie-dyed tank. To top off my outfit I wrapped my head in this BLUE head scarf I bought in Egypt and wore the BLUE earrings Daniel gave me. We definitely stood out in the crowd of people! And we had a GREAT time!!!

Chris gave away door prizes often and this BLUE cowboy hat was one of the door prizes. Cute, huh?

It was fun to see friends Nicole and Amy. I actually met Nicole when I went to Turkey with the BSU at Tech. She knew Daniel from Turkey as well and has just recently moved back to Fort Worth. Small world!! Tech friends, do you recognize her?

Carl, our new Ghanian friend, it was nice to meet you. We enjoyed talking wtih you!

And Kenny, so nice to FINALLY meet you.

And Chris....

HAPPY,

HAPPY

BIRTHDAY

TO

YOU!

2 comments:

Jenelle said...

Is that Nicole Merrell!?!? It IS a small world! I met her out here in So Cal! Fun how serving Him all over the world makes it both vast beyond comprehension and tiny at the same time, huh?

I love reading your blog. It's been quite an encouragement. Love you, girl. ~Jenelle

auDi tHis woRld said...

yes, nicole merrell it is!!! and you're right - it IS a small world when serving Him.

glad you wrote. glad to know you check out my blog!!! hope you are well...