Saturday, September 16, 2006

nEw liFe

Meet Yussuf 'Daniel' Omar!!! One of my ESL students, Hawa Mangeya, delivered a precious little boy into this world on September 13. His legal name is just Yussuf Omar. I spent a lot of time in Hawa's home this summer, tutoring her 2 high school children, and when we talked about the baby, I would always encourage them to name him Daniel. They played along with the idea, until naming time came!!! So, when I went to the hospital, I teased her about it a little, and they decided Yussuf's nickname could be Daniel!

The night after the baby was born, I was at their apartment complex, tutoring some other children. I went to their house to see if I could take anyone up to the hopsital to see the mom and baby. (They are a family of 8 children already; Yussuf makes 9!!) I got the privilege of taking the 4, 7, and 8 year old little boys, who had yet to see mama and baby, to the hospital - along with their father (who was of course there at the delivery.) The little boys were thrilled to meet their new little brother. It was a really sweet time to watch their facial expressions and interactions with this new litlte one!!

Oh, GOD, please raise up Yussuf to be a man who follows after You! Put little kids and adults in his life who will tell him the Good News of Your Son! That little Yussuf would walk in the Light and not be deceived by the enemy. Save his entire familiy, the entire community of Somali Bantu at Webber Garden - in Jesus' name!

No comments: