Monday, October 16, 2006

One Year Ago...

October 13, 2005: Daniel asked me to meet him at Central Market in Fort Worth after I taught ESL to my class of Somalis in Arlington. From there, we walked over to Starbucks for a cup of coffee. After some nice conversation, he excuses himself to the restroom and one of the girls working inside brings me a note that says,

"I like you.
Do you like me?
Check yes or no."

There were boxes for me to check 'yes' or 'no'. Obviously I checked 'yes'. And now, 365 days later, I am Mrs. Daniel Audi!!!

To celebrate the one year anniversary since we began dating, I surprised him with tickets to a Mute Math concert in Dallas Friday night. We had a great time and they give an amazing concert!

Funny...we ran into a guy I grew up with in Shreveport who just got married in February and lives in the DFW area as well. Stephen and I were born 2 days apart in the same hospital in Shreveport. Our families were good friends throughout our childhood. And when I moved to Fort Worth 2 years ago, his parents told my parents that he is playing the guitar in a worship band at a church in DFW. Random to run in to him and his wife at this concert!


Daniel took me to the Kimbrell Art Museum on Saturday to see the Hatshepsut - from Queen to Pharoah exhibit that I had been wanting to see. Then we went to Edelweiss for a nice German dinner.

It was a fun weekend of celebration!

The Lord is good and has given us so much to be thankful for in 2005-2006. He's introduced me to the man I get to live with and love for a lifetime!!

What an amazing year this has been!

No comments: