Sunday, January 28, 2007

6 months and counting...

Monday will be our 6 month anniversary. We celebrated this weekend! I (Kim) had mentioned to Daniel that what would make me the happiest is if he would plan the entire evening. And wow-zers...did he ever!! If I were a teacher, passing out grades, he would get an A+. If I were an olympic judge, he would get a 10.0+.

What did he do to deserve such applause? The pictures won't do justice to the evening, but here are some for your viewing pleasure:

The night began around 4:00 when he told me I should dress up a little - well, at least "no jeans" is what he actually said. We were to leave at 5:00. In the car, we headed down I-35, toward downtown Fort Worth. He knows I love downtown Fort Worth, so I thought that might be where we were going. But, then we took the exit for I-30, which leads to Dallas. Our destination? Reunion Tower. You can click on the link and see a picture. Reunion Tower is the tall building with the lighted ball on top. The restaurant revolves for a beautiful view over Dallas. Romantic. Pricy. Delicious. We enjoyed sirloin steak, au gratin potatoes, veggies, blackened ahi-tuna, mashed potatoes, and gorgonzola-stuffed ravioli, and finished the evening there with an apple torte with ice cream. After dinner we hung out at Starbucks and laughed like crazy as we walked down memory lane of the first 6 months of our marriage. After Starbucks we headed home. Little did I know what I would come home to - every girl's dream evening. Yes, Daniel had asked our friends Mike and Tina Niemi to come set up our house for a romantic evening at home. And romantic it was. I walked in to hear love songs playing on a CD, tea light candles lit in our living room, hallway, and bedroom, gerber daisies in a vase on the table, and flower petals on the floor leading to our bedroom.


We were both so tired, we went right to sleep. ;-)

2 comments:

Ryan said...

Congrats on 6 months - it gets better and better!!!

Anonymous said...

That's AWESOME! I agree with the previous comment...it just gets better and better! :)