Thursday, January 04, 2007

Reflection on 2006

Saw this on a friend's blog, so Dania, thanks!

So, are you excited for the new year?
Very much so - it's our first full year together and we're seeking the Lord about decisions we'll make in this new year!

What was your favorite thing about this past year?
I married the man I have prayed for and dreamed about for years on July 29!

Who was your best friend(s)?
Daniel.

Did you fall in love this year?
No, did that in 2005.

Did you get your heart broken?
No, just the opposite. I've learned more about the Father's agape love this year as He has shown it to me tangibly through Daniel - I'm learning of His unconditional love, forgiveness, new mercies. It's so much clearer in this tangible covenant relationship He's given me.

Did you get a new car?
No, still have the one my daddy bought me when I graduated from high school in 1997. The Honda's still running nicely!

Go somewhere exciting?
Colorado with the Cornerstone, Little Rock for Ashley and Austin's wedding, Maryland to see Daniel's family, and the Dominican Republic for our honeymoon.

Did you have a resolution for this year?
Was just reading in my journal to see if I made any. I asked the Lord to sharpen my character this year. Not sure if it really counts for a resolution if I had to go back and look to see what I set as goals!! :-)

Did you keep it?
My character is being sharpened. Some days I uterly failed in the decisions I made. Other days I was somewhat victorious. The Lord especially used our getting engaged in February, planning a wedding from February thru July, and now in marriage learning more and more to throw away my "single girl" mindset and my selfishness and run hard after Jesus, displaying Him in my love for Daniel and in the way I treat him....oh, yes! Jesus is sharpening my character!

Did you dye your hair?
Nope.

Lose any friends?
Don't think so.

Make any mistakes?
Sure, that's part of life.

How much do you think you changed?
Not really sure. Probably it would be more accurate to ask Daniel and my family and other friends.

What month was your birthday?
March!

Was it special?
Um....the day wasn't so hot - I had finals at the seminary. But, my roomie made me cinnamon rolls, which are my favorite!!! The evening of my birthday was MUCH better - Daniel took me to dinner at Papadeaux's and then surprised me with listening to a tape he had recorded throughout the day with birthday wishes from some of his ESL students, random people in stores he went in that day, my co-workers, and sweet words from him! Super sweet!

Do you regret anything?
Yes - I regret holding on to concerns on my own strength, giving in to the enemy's attacks on me with putting fears and insecurities in my head and in my heart that are silly and definitely not from my Daddy...

Anything you regret NOT doing?
I regret not trusting the Lord's sovereignty in so many of those concerns, not choosing to believe the Truth Jesus gives.

What are you most thankful for this year?
The gift of getting to marry the man who became my best friend in 2005 and who I fell in love with. I read through so many journals I have written in years past and discovered over and over how much the Lord heard my heart's desires - from big things to tiny little details. And He gave me my heart's desire in Daniel!

Did anyone you love die this year?
Yes.

How many significant others did you have?
Daniel is the only one who has my heart!

Did you get in trouble a lot?
A lot?....no. Some?....yes.

What is your resolution for next year?
To know Jesus more and more. To trust in Him in all of my insecurities and fears. To believe that He is Sovereign and live like I believe that.

Who's house are you going to party at?
We invited friends to ours. (see blog below)

Going to watch the ball drop on TV?
We turned on the TV at 11:50 and watched the countdown at 11:59!

Will this year be better than last year?
Certainly - growing in Jesus, growing in our marriage!

No comments: