Tuesday, March 11, 2008

bowling, childhood camp games, and snow

The day after my birthday several friends got together at Main Event for a night of bowling. We had reports that day that there could be snow in the air that evening.

And snow there was. Small white flakes fell from the sky and landed on my black coat as we walked into Main Event. And when we walked out 2 hours later, we saw this:





Meanwhile in the bowling alley, 11 of us played a mean hour of bowling. I was the winner on my team with a big score of 89 points!!

Josh, me, Elizabeth, Callie, and Daniel.


And Brendon led on his team with a grand total of 117 points. Nikki came in 2nd with 99. Needless to say, I ended up on a good team - afterall, aren't you supposed to win on your own birthday!?!?!!? I couldn't have hung with this team!

Jen, Nikki, Charity, Brendon, Sandy, and Amanda.


Following bowling was birthday cake. My sweet husband got a cake made for me with Arabic written on it, literally saying, "Every year and you are kind," which is the Arabic saying for birthdays and holidays alike.




Then we played a few rounds of "Down by the banks of the hanky-panky where the bullfrog jumps from bank-to-banky singing A, E, I, O, U bam-boooom!" (If you don't know this song, then just don't ask...I learned it at a camp somewhere and thankfully I wasn't the only one who had heard of it!)





And our last game of the night was "gossip" or "telephone" or whatever you choose to call it. Daniel started a round with a Turkish phrase and I started a round with an Arabic phrase, and of course there were a few English phrases. Needless to say, we were rolling with laughter during both games as we all enjoyed a bit of immaturity! :-)





Thanks, friends, for a fun birthday night at Main Event!

2 comments:

Joshua & Elizabeth said...

Your b'day party was great! We had so much fun! LOVE you!

Cal said...

Couple of things...I think you "rigged" the bowling game...I love the crazy picture with our team, and I look pretty intense in the last picture...I guess with loosing in bowling, I was bound and determined to "win" that game....I had a great time!