Wednesday, September 28, 2005

our Great Physician

Writing to ask for prayers of healing. I've mentioned before the Egyptian family currently living in Dallas. I've been ministering to them since February and have found precious friendship in them. I love the little boys - Ahmed and Mohammed. I'd love to show you a picture of us, but out of respect for the family, I will not post it on my blog. They are all over the net, though, so if you'd like to picture the little face you are praying for, you can see their pictures at http://www.medicalcityhospital.com/custompage.asp?pagename=egyptian_twins_images . I've just looked through all of them, with tears in my eyes to see how they've grown and I just KNOW that God has a special purpose for these little boys whom He has chosen to save and breathe life into.

So what is the healing that is needed? Well, Mohammed has been walking now for months and gets along just great on his own. However, Ahmed does not yet walk. He only crawls. He crawls well and walks with assistance. When I was talking with Sabah, their mother, earlier this week, I asked her about Ahmed and his progress in walking. She said, "Kim, Salilo l ino yemshy," which means, "Kim, pray for him that he walks." God touched my heart with her words. She sees something powerful in my prayers. The time and love I have given to them has been reflecting our God. Praise Him! Glory to Him. I decided that day to pray that God, our Healer and Great Physician, would touch Ahmed's legs, give them strength to walk, and all the other things that accompany his body's understanding of walking would also be touched by our Healer IN THE NEXT 3-4 WEEKS. Please pray this with me. Pray for healing from Jesus. Pray in confidence that God will hear our prayers and answer them.

When Peter and Paul prayed over the sick and needy in Acts, he always prayed with power. He was annointed. We see in Acts 3:1-10 the healing of a lame man. He had been lame from birth and everyday was carried to the gate Beautiful so that he could beg. He asked Peter for help that day. Peter called the man to look at him and John and said, I have neither silver nor gold, but what I have, I give to you: In the name of Jesus Christ the Nazarene, get up and walk!" And we see immediately that Peter took the man by the hand, raised him up, and AT ONCE his feet and ankles became strong. He not only walked, he jumped, he leaped, and he praised God!!!

May God make Ahmed's legs strong, that he will jump, and leap, and praise God.

To God be the glory great things He has done!!!

3 comments:

auDi tHis woRld said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Great passage , thanks for the verses from acts , it's amazing

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim, Just wanted to let you know that I just sent you an email responding to your comment on my xanga post. Just so it doesn't get deleted on accident.

It was great to hear from you.