Tuesday, October 04, 2005

A Month of Fasting

Today is the first day of Ramadan...the month Muslims remember the month in which Mohammed received the Qu'ran. I called my friends in Egypt this morning to wish them a "Happy Ramadan". Of course they know I do not celebrate this, but it is a holiday and a special month for them. It was nice to hear their voices. I told Shu Shu, "I am praying for you even more during this month that you would know the Truth of Who God is." She said, "Thank you."



During this month as Muslims fast from sunrise to sunset, would you join me in prayer for them? Pray that they would see dreams and visions of Jesus Christ. Pray that they would encounter God in a mighty way and that they would struggle with questions of their faith during this "holy" month. Many Muslims who have converted to following Christ testify that God did a mighty work in them during the month of Ramadan. As they sought to be closer to God and deprived themselves of food during this month, God gave them dreams and visions of His Son in white, welcoming them to 'Come unto Him.' Ask BIG THINGS of our BIG GOD and watch as He brings His kingdom here on earth!

A few specific names to pray for: Amira and family; Shu Shu and family; Salwa and family; Ahmed, Mohamed, Sabah and Ibraham; my class of Somali students in Arlington; my class of Somali Bantu students in Fort Worth. THANK YOU FOR STANDING IN THE GAP FOR THESE!

No comments: