Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Return

I've written a bit about 2 precious little boys in my life and their family, especially their mom. And I've posted a link on my site now that takes you to a photo gallery of the boys on the hospital's website.

I spent 8 hours with them yesterday. This is their last week in the States. Saturday morning, early, they will fly out to return to Egypt. They have an older brother and sister who will be waiting to see their brothers. This will be the first time in 3 years for them to see each other. The boys are only 4, so other than talking with Mahmoud and Asmaa' on the phone and seeing pictures, I'm sure they have no real memories of them. Sabah and Ibrahim both told me how much they will miss their friends here, how nice everyone has been to them here in the States.

They've definitely stolen my heart. I've quickly fallen in love with Ahmed and Mohamed and over the past few months, my friendship with Sabah has deepened so much. Although my times of seeing them haven't been as often as I would have liked, the times when I have seen them have been precious and memorable. I will never forget this season when God blessed me so much with the chance to fall in love. To fall in love with two little boys whose lives I am POSITIVE He will use for His glory! Again yesterday they asked me over and over to sing, "Enta Azeemun" to them, an Arabic worship song. Again yesterday as I prayed over them, they said, "Amin ya rab!", which means, "Amen, oh Lord!" The Holy Spirit is definitely at work within them. After I prayed over the boys and prayed for the family before I left, Sabah thanked me for the beautiful prayer.

OH GOD, CONTINUE THE WORK YOU'VE BEGUN IN THEIR LIVES UNTIL THEY CALL ON YOU AS LORD AND SAVIOR! BRING BELIEVERS IN THEIR PATH WHO WILL BE OBEDIENT TO SHARING TRUTH WITH THEM AND ONE DAY, BRING DISCIPLERS IN THEIR LIVES TO TEACH THEM TO FOLLOW HARD AFTER YOU IN SURRENDER TO YOU! MAKE IT SO, OH JESUS! HOLY SPIRIT, CONVICT THEIR HEARTS. SPEAK TO THEM. VISIT THEM IN DREAMS AND VISIONS! MAKE YOUR NAME FAMOUS THROUGH THEM!!!! "Amin."

5 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Hey!! Look at that! you figured it out on your own. I knew you could do it!

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

did you take one of the counters off?

auDi tHis woRld said...

not sure what happened to the counter. when i changed the page to add the "friends" links, it disappeared. not too sure!

auDi tHis woRld said...

hey michelle. glad you visited my sight! not sure of anyone wanting a roommate right now. you say she has a place already? i'll keep my ears open. thanks for the heads' up! when od you come home? or are you home?

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Yea, you must've erased the HTML script when you added the links.