Sunday, February 19, 2006

Valentine's

The day of love. I wrote a blog on Valentine's day and when it was uploading, it got lost in cyberspace, so I thought I'd try again.

Tuesday morning Ashley and I woke up early to go to the gym before my 8:00 class. We stepped outside that morning to see a beautifully painted sky - hues of blues, shadowed with gray clouds. After our workout, the blues had turned to shades of oranges and yellows and the bright sun was blaring through the white clouds. "Thank you for the beautiful day," I said aloud, an expression of joy. As we rode back to the house I thought, "How romantic, that God would paint such a lovely morning on this Valentine's Day." How He longs to romance His children. If we would only stop for a minute to recognize His pursuit of us. If we would only take a few minutes to breathe in the air around us, notice His artwork all around us - in nature, in our friends, in our families. He is constantly romancing us, His bride!

The day kept getting better. After my class Daniel came over and we made breakfast. It was my first Valentine's day to actually have a Valentine. It was nice to enjoy the day with Daniel. He brought over a bundle of balloons that he had stuffed each with a poem. They each were marked with a certain time for me to pop them and read the surprise inside. So sweet...that God would romance me through an amazingly thoughtful and loving Daniel.

MUSHY, GUSHY...I know. Sorry for that.

I'm thankful today for a God who knows our most intimate thoughts, our deepest needs. Open up to Psalm 139 today and let His Word minister to you. HE KNOWS YOU and knows how to meet your every longing. Notice Him all around you today and let Him minster to your soul.

No comments: