Monday, November 20, 2006

from Tanzania

It was at a Watermark concert at Temple Baptist Church in Ruston, LA, in 1999 that I began sponsoring a little boy named William Peter. He was 5 years old at the time. We've corresponded through letters for about 7 years now. I wrote him after Daniel and I got married and told him I am now married. I also told him about the Somalis that I teach English to. He wrote back in response to my letter to him and thought it was too precious not to post. Oh, how with this letter he's stolen my heart even that much more!! Here's what he says:

"I was happy to hear that you are married to Daniel. I pray for a good life to you filled with blessings in the name of Jesus. I was also happy to know about Somaliland, but what makes me unhappy is to hear that in Somaliland they do not know about Jesus. Let's unite together and pray for them so that they can know Jesus...May the heavenly Father bless you and you are welcome to Tanzania."

Precious. Isn't it???!?!?!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! Man, I don't think anything grabs my heart more than when a kid understands God's passion for the nations.

Anonymous said...

Awesome! Update on your time in Waco?????? Email me! :)Happy Thanksgiving!