Wednesday, November 29, 2006

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND - THURSDAY

Daniel and I spent our last Thanksgiving in the States (for a while) in Ruston this past weekend. It was different without Jenny and Brian and Meredith - they stayed in Baton Rouge. It was also different because my cousins went to their in-laws on Thanksgiving Day. So, instead of having a full day of Thanksgiving festivities on Thursday, we spread it out over the weekend this year. Daniel and I enjoyed a day to ourselved in Fort Worth on Wednesday and began our trip to Ruston on Thanksgiving morning. We stopped in Tyler for lunch, and almost found nowhere to eat! McDonald's, Wendy's, Dairy Queen, Taco Bell, Pizza Inn, Subway...were ALL closed. Of course I thought, "Great! I'm glad they get to be with their families for Thankgiving!" But I was also hungry! So, Burger King came to our rescue!!!

We had dinner Thursday evening at Mamaw and Papaw's and as usual, the food was TO DIE FOR!! My Mamaw is an AMAZING cook!

Anyhow, I have so much to be thankful for. Each time we go to Ruston now, I am reminded over and over how blessed I am to be part of such a loving, funny, supportive, and thoughtful family! It's really a joy to spend time at home with everyone. And it's so nice that almost everyone is in the same town.

Oh...and I was reminded to mention that another highlight of the weekend was running into our Fort Worth neighbors, Michael and Meg!

4 comments:

Michael, Meg & Naomi said...

Awe, aren't you sweet to say that was a highlight! Roger's is always a hoppin place! Meg

Senegal Daily said...

I missed something. Why si this your last T-Giving in the US (for a while)?

Anonymous said...

Kimmie..Ash said she saw you. I'm jealous! :) I got your email...will write back when I'm more awake. Rough week! :)

Mallory said...

hey, i want your november newsletter too!

Merry Christmas!