Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas is HERE!

Daniel and I are enjoying our first Christmas as a married couple! We've been playing Christmas music in our homes and in our cars since a bit before Thanksgiving even. He got me Selah's Christmas CD, which I am loving! In late November I had a shower for a friend of mine - we made Christmas cookies together! The first weekend in December we went to see The Nativity Story and bought our Christmas tree, as well as ornaments - so much fun!!!

We have been telling Bible stories to the children of 2 of the families' to whom I teach ESL. It's been really neat to be in their homes each Sunday after Daniel and I worship. God has opened a huge door of ministry to them! We've given them verses to memorize each week, and told them after they memorize 5 verses, we will give them a treat. So, when we were watching The Nativity Story, we knew that was supposed to be their treat! Saturday we will take 5 little Somali children to see The Nativity Story! WHAT A JOY! We are looking forward to it!

'Tis the season to bless others...how can you be a blessing to others today?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You guys make me jealous each time I hear the joy you have in loving and serving people for Him. Don't worry...it's the good kind of jealous...the kind that makes me so hungry to be right smack in the center of His will, serving, loving, giving. Thanks for sharing.

auDi tHis woRld said...

Thanks, chica. It's a joy to be a part of God's bigger plan, isn't it?