Saturday, December 30, 2006

Ruston - Christmas Day - Lots of "Firsts"

Christmas this year in Ruston was different from any other year. It was a year of firsts. It was the first year I woke up without my sister in the next room. (well, except the 2 years in Egypt, but that was a given that she wouldn't be there!) It was the first year I woke up with a man next to me in the bed. It was the first year I didn't open ALL of my Christmas presents in the morning.

Jenny, Meredith, and Brian were in Baton Rouge Christmas morning, so it was just Mom, Dad, Daniel and me in the house. We only opened our stockings from "Santa" and one gift each.

Then we got ready for "brunch" at Granny's. This was a first as well, but we all really liked it - egg and sausage casserole, sausage and biscuits, jelly, pumpkin bread....it was yummy! And not too filling. (We have dinner with my other side of the family that evening also.)

Jenny, Brian, and Meredith arrived mid-afternoon and we got to have our normal Christmas morning... but in the afternoon! We all exchanged gifts and "ooo-ed" and "ahhh-ed" over Meredith - it was her first visit to Ruston! We're definitely proud aunt and uncle. She's PRECIOUS!

Then we loaded up the cars and headed to Mamaw and Papaw's for yet another Christmas celebration. It's a full house there! We are 12 cousins all together including spouses/girlfriends, my 2 grandparents, my parents, my aunt and uncle, and Abby (my cousins' little girl) and Meredith. We ate a delicious Christmas dinner and opened presents....lots and lots of presents!





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kimmie...doesn't look like it was too bad! :) Hope it was better than expected!