Friday, December 15, 2006

Christmas - downtown Fort Worth

Downtown Fort Worth is lit up throughout the year, but especially during the Christmas season. Daniel knows that I love being downtown - there's just something about it! He's taken me there a couple of times in the past couple of weeks. One night we went on a date to a Mexican restaurant. The other time was last night. We went to Bass Hall to see the production of The Nutcracker ballet. BEAUTIFUL! I've actually seen The Nutcracker 3 times before - once when my sister was in it when she was about 9 years old. The other 2 times were, surprisingly enough, in Egypt! Yes, there is an opera house in Cairo, and I got to enjoy holiday festivities watching The Nutcracker there.

Back to downtown....so, there is this HUGE Christmas tree that is beautifully lit up and decorated! It towers over many of the buildings and definitely brings Christmas cheer!

And as for The Nutcracker performance last night - it was beautiful as well. Great costumes. Great stage design. "Snow" even fell from the ceiling last night as the prince and the ladies danced so elegantly. I missed some of the performance because I was enamored by the white, falling from the sky! At intermission, Daniel and I stood on the balcony outside and looked over downtown, enjoying the cool night air and playing with effects on our camera! We are picture-taking fools...but love capturing sweet moments! Isn't this a great picture? - Daniel, looking over Fort Worth?!?!!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Hey Audi's! Glad you are enjoying the downtown scene these days - it IS really fabulous, isn't it? Work has been busy with holiday parties. I am looking forward to Christmas with my family. I hope you guys enjoy a really great first married Christmas! Love to ya both!