Saturday, March 10, 2007

BANTU BIRTHDAY BONANZA

Weekend #2 of my birthday festivities:

Today I had the biggest birthday party ever! Every week I spend 4 days a week with Somali Bantu kids, teens, and adults. And when Daniel and I talked about how I wanted to celebrate my birthday this year, I thought, "I'd LOVE to celebrate with these people who are so precious in my life." The party planning began there. And today we celebrated big!!
Imagine...

18 balloons
11 2-liter sodas
9 bags of popcorn
8 Americas
6 jars for face painting
5 cakes
3 bags of pretzels
3 cartons of juice
2 pinatas
2 painters
2 paint brushes
and

50+ Somali Bantu kids

That was my birthday party today!!!

And here's my birthday song - fun or what?!??!!


Photo Sharing - Upload Video - Video Sharing - Share Photos

And here are some of my friends' faces - beautiful or what??!?!?!

3 comments:

Senegal Daily said...

Great pictures, Kim!! What a great way to celebrate your birthday!

Anonymous said...

I also work with Somali Bantu familiies in Nashville, so this resonated with me . . . they are precious to me as well! Let's compare notes - - Elaine(itslainee@comcast.net)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kim!

It was so fun to celebrate with you and the families we so love! Great idea!