Monday, March 26, 2007

Beth Moore and the North Central Louisiana Reunion

So, I've been doing Beth Moore's The Patriarch bible study with 4 girlfriends from work. Mom called a while back telling me that Beth Moore was coming to Shreveport and asked if I'd like to go. Then I thought the girls would like to go as well...and they were stoked! So, last Friday afternoon we set off for a road trip to Shreveport. Beth was great. Possibly more on that later, as I debrief more and more. However, what I thought would be of interest to you North Central Louisiana readers were the random people I saw at the conference. Here's the run-down:

Allison (Reaves) Granger - Temple
Becky Shirley - LA Tech, dorms - sophomore year
Michelle Winter - Temple
Elizabeth Harries - LA Tech, BSU
Erin Melton - LA Tech, sorority
Emily Beck - LA Tech, Sigma Kappa
Taffy Reader - LA Tech, my best friend's sister-in-law
Katie Cannon - LA Tech, Temple (but I actually knew she would be there)
Shannon (Stanley) Shoalmire - Shreveport, from childhood
Lesha Apponey - LA Tech, Sigma Kappa
Andrea Phillips - FBC Ruston

I'm feeling like there may have been a couple more, but my brain is foggy at the moment. Anyhow...who knew that in a room of 14,000 people - yes! I said 14,000 women gathered to hear a powerful word from the Lord through His servant, Beth Moore - that I would run in to so many people! I was in awe the first night of all of those women of faith...in one room! And just thinking, "Wow...and this is only a MINISCULE population of heaven!" Too much to comprehend!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad you got to go to that. By the time I heard about it, it was completely sold out. That's great you ran into all those Sigmas there, too!
I keep up w/ Beth's blog here...you might enjoy it, if you aren't already reading it.
http://livingproofministries.blogspot.com/

Sigma Love,
Zanna =)

Megan said...

Very fun! Erin Melton Klitske & her husband are becoming good friends of ours in Monroe! The world is small :)

Ryan said...

Oh I remember the days when Kim and Daniel posted more than we did, - miss hearing new news.