Friday, April 27, 2007

crawfish with Ashley and Austin.

So, Tuesday night I'm baking salmon, making a salad, and JUST ABOUT to put spaghetti noodles in the pot to boil when my phone rings. It's Ashley and Austin, inviting us to go to Papadeaux's for their crawfish, 2lbs. for $5.95 special! Well, I was in the middle of making dinner, and we weren't sure that salmon would save...but, the temptation for crawfish and their company and the good deal was just too strong, so we decided to take a chance on the salmon saving and go out for dinner with them. And fun it was!

If you've never eaten crawfish, there's something that you need to know: peeling the shells is work. And if you're in a rush, crawfish is not the meal to have. I think we were at the restaurant for a good hour and a half if not two hours - a great time with Ashley and Austin!

I have a confession to make - I'm from Louisiana, and granted, I SHOULD have eaten crawfish more than 2 times in my life, but I haven't. So, Austin and Ashley had to give me and Daniel a little lesson. We're quick learners and took out 2lbs. each of crawfish. We were the dorks of the group and wore plastic bibs, comple-ments of Papadeux's. Funny thing that happened: Mine fell off in the middle of the meal, but I wasn't willing to sacrifice my shirt to the oil, etc. that could have splashed onto it, so I asked Daniel if he'd mind me asking our waiter to retie my bib. Strange request, I'm sure. Hope Daniel left him a nice tip!

No comments: