Saturday, April 21, 2007

first time for everything.

This is our front yard. Yes, it looks like we've had a hard snow, doesn't it? Well, it's mid-April, and you can probably guess that we haven't. And you've guessed correctly. What we have had is wind blowing the tree in our front yard. We were warned of this tree before we moved in, but had no clue to what extent it would be a pain this spring and probably summer. It's a cottonwood tree and grows pods that fall from the tree and release cotton.

So, today I (Kim) helped mow our front yard. I've never done it before. It was actually kind of fun, but I didn't last long. Daniel is actually still outside mowing, and I just came in to post on the blog to say that I had actually mowed. I did mow for more than just the picture, and I'll probably help again, but hey, I wanted to let the blogging world know of my accomplishment, and what better time to take a break than now! ;-)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Looks like you can mark "operate a lawn mower" off your life to-do list. Way to go, Kimmie!

Ryan said...

I am so proud of you Kim, way to go - anyway, so how's it going? Thanks for praying for us last night, that means alot. See you guys one day soon.

Anonymous said...

Wow - Kim you are very talented with your webpage and bogs and such! I love it! Maybe you can teach me how to start? Oh and nice work with the mower ;o)