Friday, April 27, 2007

game night - guess who.

Do you remember the childhood game "Guess Who"? I played it a lot when my sister and I would visit my grandparents in Ruston on the weekends when we were little girls. We played a lot of games with Mamaw. Well, this past week, a package came in the mail. I was surprised to see my mamaw's handwriting on the package. I mean, she sends cards for holidays and birthdays, but I don't ever remember getting a package in the mail from her...at least while here in the States. I was intrigued to say the least. I opened it to find this note taped to the game box: If you can't read her hand-writing, it says, "You see the ages on this game, we played it for yrs. I thought you might want this. Love you, Mamaw". I teared up when I read her note. There's something about a random act of kindness from a super special mamaw that really touched my heart!

We broke the game open tonight and yes, all the practice with mamaw paid off! Score: Kim, 10; Daniel, 5. (We played the best 2 sets of 5: 5-2:Kim & 5-3:Kim)

No comments: