Sunday, August 12, 2007

The Dulock Wedding

A little over a year ago, Daniel and I were asked to disciple Caleb Dulock and Michelle Orth. They were pursuing their 2nd-go-around at dating. So, we started meeting at Starbucks every-other-Sunday-morning before church - at 8 a.m.! God has really gifted Daniel with a love and a gift of discipleship. He's passionate about it. Me, on the other hand. Well, I've never really been discipled myself, and Daniel and I are new at this marriage/healthy relationship thing ourselves, so I feel somewhat like I've stumbled through discipling Michelle this past year. I'm not really sure what God used, but one thing I know is that God's grace is sufficient in our weaknesses! Mine and Michelle's time together became more of a time of mutual discipling really. God has done so much in her in this past year and in her fervor for the Lord, in her longing for purity, in her desire for godliness, she's challenged me in our times together as well. We've become sweet friends over this past year and when Caleb proposed to her a few months ago, they asked us to be in their wedding party! Here are a few snapshots of their wedding...


And we stood with them last night as friends and brothers and sisters in Christ, loving them and supporting them as they made vows to each other to love, honor, and cherish each other "as long as they both shall live..." Their ceremony was so sweet and worshipful. My favorite part was that they invited the congregation and wedding party to worship together as the ceremony began. It was a sweet, holy moment! We love you, Mr. and Mrs. Dulock!

No comments: