Thursday, August 30, 2007

wedding bells

Nicole is a girl both Daniel and I knew before we met each other. We both know her from our individual experiences in Turkey. Nicole had lived in Turkey and organized trips for volunteers to come out there. She was the coordinator of volunteers when I was there in the summer of 2000. I thought she hung the moon! I didn't know my path would ever cross hers again, but it has. Daniel knew her from his time living in Turkey and teaching ESL.

Since he and I have been together, our paths have crossed again. There's a circle of former Turkey folk here in Fort Worth. Fort Worth brings people with similar hearts together partly because of the seminary. Nicole also was a student at SWBTS, but before my time. She's friends with girls here in Fort Worth that I've become friends with. This circle of friends are all bonded through Turkey, which is how Daniel knows all of them and reconnected with them once moving here. So, there's a mix of Turkey/SWBTS going on.

Anyhow, we got to be with all of these fun Turkey-lovers the other night at a FIESTA shower for Nicole and her fiance, Jason. Amy Nobles threw the party and it was great - great music, great decor, a great pinata, great food, great friends!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey kim...i've recently met some ruston folks... amanda (i think is her name, went to swbts. she's bill's intern in tifton, now...poor thing :) and, katie hodas-from new orleans, went to la tech and journeyman to the philippines. we work together at fbno. she seems to be really fun. hope all is well yall. take care!