Saturday, October 20, 2007

another relaxing weekend for the Audis

After our whirl-wind of a month in September when we were only in Fort Worth 1 of 5 weekends, we've really enjoyed the rest that we've had so far this month!! This weekend has been relaxing as well!

Who of you are fans of the Lion King? If you're a fan at all and you're in the DFW area, I highly recommend going to the broadway presentation of the Lion King at the Music Hall in Dallas. We went last night with the other Audis and with the Dulocks. The performance is absolutely phenominal! The costuming is mind-boggling. The singing is dynamic. The story has just a few tweeks and it's full of points of laughter. Little Simba is cute as he can be!

That was last night.

In the early afternoon I had a small reunion with some girls from seminary - it was actually a baby shower for Leila and George. They will welcome little Elijah into the world at the beginning of December! It was great to catch up with these girls who I haven't seen in almost a year.



Later in the afternoon we played tennis. I played on the tennis team at RHS my freshman and sophomore years. I was the last seed on the team, but I had a good time and even won some games! Daniel. However, we're both quite rusty in our skills. I've never had a strong serve. Daniel does, though, and sometimes the ball gets in the right box when he's serving. If we took advantage of the courts at the seminary more often, we might get better, but our playing is so incredibly sporadic that we pretty much stay the same in our skill levels. Today's score: Kim - 7; Daniel - 5.

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Kimmie--did some cleaning out of the attic at my dad's house yesterday. I found a note you had written me in HS. FUNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Kim, I consulted my trusty (if controversial) Camel book and these are the references I found for using the Quran to affirm the Bible:
1. Jonah 10:94 Allah tells Mohammed to take his questions to those who have read the Scriptures which came before him.
2. The Dinner Table 5:46, 66 There is guidance, light, and blessings to those who read and uphold the Taurat and Injil.
3. Cattle 6:115 God's words are perfect and cannot change.
Hope that helps.
Mary=)