Monday, October 01, 2007

apart for the weekend.

This past weekend was our 2nd time to be apart in the past 14 months - the first time was only for one night; this time it was for two nights. I went to Ruston for Vanna and Seth's engagement announce- ment party, and Daniel stayed here for a short personal retreat weekend. There were other perks in the weekend as well - seeing Molly, and being with my sister, parents, and my niece.


Molly's little girl will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Her name is Audrey. She's so cute!



Jenny and Meredith came to Ruston this weekend as well. It was really nice to be with family! We had a Saturday afternoon picnic at Granny's. Meredith enjoyed licking on the top of the root beer bottle, getting that nice, sweet taste of an IBC!


After probably 5 or so years of dating, Vanna and Seth will be married on December 29. She's great and already feels like family! I have 7 cousins on our Hood side of the family. Vanna will make 8. It's been a while since we've all been together, so it was so nice to catch up with them as well at the party.

And the best part about the weekend....
COMING HOME!!!

When I got home on Sunday afternoon, I came home to these scrambled up letters on the floor.
And this is what I came up with...although the "tons" and "Kimmie" are in the wrong order!!! And that's not it! Then, I looked up and saw on the table these AMAZINGLY HUGE and BEAUTIFUL flowers!!!

Hmmm...maybe being apart for the weekend isn't so bad afterall!! :-)

3 comments:

Ashley said...

beautiful flowers, indeed! hope you had a good time in ruston

Megan said...

i can't believe seth is old enough to be getting married. i love the john hood bunch!

drowninginblessing said...

what a great hubby you have! (Don't worry, I know mine's a keeper too).
I'm laying on the couch, getting my blogsites fix. Motherhood is a BIG change (especially the feeding every 2 hours part) but I couldn't ask for a cuter kid or a better dad to share this job with me!
Blessings-- Rachel