Saturday, January 24, 2009

Dear "Uncle" Brendon...

Dear "Uncle" Brendon,

I sure do miss you! Mommy and Daddy have been reading your emails that you are sending from Uganda. Have you seen any wild animals in Africa? Did you see a giraffe? What about a monkey? - you know, my Mommy LOVES monkeys. She decorated my room with them and buys me any shirt or pajamas with monkeys on them!

I think God brought you to Uganda for very special purposes. (That's what Mommy and Daddy say.) But, don't get attached to Uganda because I want you to come back here and play with me!

I weigh 10 pounds now...can you believe it? And I'm 4 inches longer than I was when I was born. Today I am 11 weeks old. That's 77 days! Maybe Mommy and Daddy will have a party for me when I'm 100 days old - Daddy likes to do fun things like celebrate 100 days, or 1,000,000 seconds of life. He's so much fun!

I've been working on my tummy time. I'm still not a big fan of it - that head of mine is so stinkin' heavy! But, Mommy and Daddy say I need to practice so I can lift my head up one day and do something they call "crawl"...whatever that is! I guess I'll find out. Mommy made this video for you last week. She caught me smilin' at you.

I love you, "Uncle" Brendon! Take care of yourself and hurry back to see me - but not before God finishes in you His purposes for you there in Uganda! God bless you!!

- Josiah

No comments: