Monday, January 05, 2009

Josiah meets my best friends.

Heather, Anna, Molly, and I have been best friends since high school. Heather still lives in Ruston and is married and has a daughter, Hannah, who is 3. Molly lives in Alabama and is married and has a daughter, Audrey, who is 1. Anna Banana lives in Florida and has a serious boyfriend. Josiah got to meet Heather and Molly and their families at Thanksgiving. He didn't get to meet Anna until Christmas.

me with Hannah, Heather, and Josiah

Hannah wasn't too sure what to think about Josiah at first. She really has taken to me in the past and talks about me to her mom all the time. But this summer when I was in town for a baby shower, she would have absolutely nothing to do with me and the round ball that protruded from my belly. Since Josiah was born, Heather said when they would go shopping, Hannah would always want to pick out a present for baby Josiah. And when she finally got to meet him over Thanksgiving, she was so shy...at first. After we visited for about an hour or more and Hannah had begun saying to her parents, "It's time to go home," I asked her one last time if she wanted to hold baby Josiah. She grinned and nodded her head. I sat him on her lap and she glowed with excitement to hold a real baby! Then she said to her mommy, "It's not time to go now." ....so cute!

Hannah, smitten over Josiah

Molly, Brandon, and Audrey came over to meet Josiah as well. Audrey wasn't too keen on her mommy holding another baby - afterall, she's only one and SHE'S still Mommy's baby, right?!?! But, she let us take a picture with switched babies! :-)

me with Audrey, Molly, and Josiah

No comments: