Wednesday, August 03, 2005

hOw MaJesTic iS He!


This morning as I was reading in the Word, a verse hit me. Many times I feel quite distant from the Father. When I sit to read His Word, I don't always feel His presence. This verse was convicting as well as encouraging. As I read the verse...I prayed, "Oh Father, purify me. Purify Your bride, the ch*rch. That we may desire righteousness and holiness. That we would feel the presence of the Almighty and be confident of Your nearness to us!"

Isaiah 59:1 says, "Behold the L*rd's hand is not so short that it cannot save; nor is His ear so dull that it cannot hear. But your iniquities have made a separation between you and your God, and your sins have hidden His face from you so that He does not hear."

When I lived in Egypt, I had the opportunity to climb Mount Sinai. When I looked over the mountains and thought about the great patriarchs of old who traveled these lands...those whom we read about...the amazing history and blessings of this land, I knew that I stood in His presence! I knew that He was with me!

No comments: