Wednesday, August 31, 2005

One Year Ago Today, August 31...



...I was flying from Cairo to Amsterdam to Atlanta to Monroe, Louisiana. I was greeted at the airport in Monroe by much of my family and several friends. It was quite a bitter-sweet day. I left the place I began to call home to return to what was supposed to be home. 365 days later, my heart still lies on 2 continents, my love is still for the Egyptian Arab Muslim, and my longing is that one day, I would have the privilege of returning to the Middle East/North Africa for a long period of time.

1 comment:

Smith + Long said...

kim hood.....
mia gave me the address to your blog.....good to hear that things are well for you in tx...i am in nursing school in new orleans...well was in nursing school there...currently that is on hold...but should begin in jan again. i am also engaged.....you can read more about that at my blog...i don't want to take up too much space for a comment. anyway...take care and hope to hear from you soon.
sheralyn smith