Sunday, January 01, 2006

Christmas

I love the holidays - being at home with my family. Because I didn't go away to college, I never knew what it was like to just come home for the holidays. However, since being in Fort Worth, I don't get to come home very much because of work and school and the need to have a life there. So, when I do come home, I very much look forward to spending time with my family. Holidays are great - 2 meals per day and seeing both sides of the family since we all are in Ruston (for the most part). I've recently realized that holidays are about all I'll get from here on out to see everyone. We've all grown up. My youngest cousin is a freshman in college. Our extended family is growing as my cousins have gotten married and my sister got married last year. I so much love seeing everyone. I wish that the season weren't quite so busy, but inevitably it is.

Christmas morning we woke up with Brian in our home for the first time! :-) As we were opening presents, 3 deer crossed the field in front of the house. And...my dad ran to his office, grabbed his rifle, opened the front door, and POW!!!!! one of the deer went down. Yes, it was REDNECK Christmas in the HOOD home this year. Dad and Brian thought it was the greatest Christmas gift ever. The women of the house didn't get quite as excited - go figure.

We spend Christmas afternoon with my granny and cousins on mom's side of the family. Christmas evening is at my mamaw and papaw's and cousins on my dad's side of the family. It was a great Christmas with everyone. I know that my future will one day be overseas. I don't know how often I'll get to come home for Christmas. I'm so thankful for times like these! God is GOOD!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Kim! I love your blog! I've just lately gotten into the blog-watching scene and yours is the best. Plus, you put pics of me on here sometimes!

Love,
Cuz Laura