Sunday, October 05, 2008

Sundays and coke ICEEs

Do you remember the post about our niece Meredith and her love for ICEEs?

Well, Baby Audi may come out with a love for ICEEs as well, namely coke ICEEs.

WHY?

Well, I love coke ICEEs, and Daniel and I discovered a while back that the RACE TRAC next to our church sells coke ICEEs!! And this summer, there was a special on 32 oz. ICEEs - 32 oz. for 69 cents!! Can't beat that!!! And all summer we didn't pass up a single Sunday without splitting a 32 oz. ICEE. Going to Race Trac after church became a weekly routine for us. So much so, that the lady who works there on Sunday mornings has become quite friendly with us - asking about our baby, telling us about her family, and today she said, "It's on the house!!"

Since the fall has arrived, the great deal on the 32 oz. ICEEs disappeared. A 22 oz. ICEE is now 99 cents. And the 32 oz. ICEE is $1.09. So, we share a 22 oz. ICEE every Sunday after church now. "Share" in the sense of the word that I hold the ICEE and drink from it most of the way back home from church and offer it to Daniel every once-in-a-while. Maybe I should go back to my nursery school days and re-learn how to "share." :-)


We're back home and well, the ICEE is all gone - just a cup with some trash from the car inside of it!

7 comments:

Michelle said...

You do NOT look 36 weeks pregnant! Maybe he's going to be a small one?

CC said...

MMM, icees are one of my favorite things too! You look so wonderful!! I hope you're feeling well!

Tracy said...

I like your blog makeover! And I LOVE ICEEs too! But they are hard to find up here. They have something similar (Frozen Coke), but it is just not the same as a good old Coke ICEE!!!

CC said...

Just because I read your blog today I stopped and got a coke icee on the way to work tonight. They have them at Burger King - although a medium was $1.90 so it's not a good deal!! ;) I love boys, you're going to be a great mom for a boy with your fun personality. I secretly hope the new baby is a boy too!

Lauren said...

You are TOO cute!!! Love ya!

Mysti said...

I am now craving a coke ICEE and all I can find are slurpees. They are NOT the same. You look beautiful. These last four weeks will fly by - how fun!

liz said...

Kim! Every picture of you and your bump just makes me so incredibly happy! You are just the cutest pregnant hip lady and i am so bummed that i do not get to see the belly in all its glory. but, i am so excited to see mama kim and papa daniel and baby audi when i get back to the states.

you are such an inspiring human being and an amazing role model.

you're my hero kim kim! :)