Thursday, October 30, 2008

us...when we were babies.

Well, as I sit here twiddling my thumbs waiting for our little one to decide to make his debut, I'm feeling pretty bored - his room is ready, all the errands have been run, I've even frozen some soup for us to have available after his arrival. I play Tetris on the computer and check Facebook regularly these days. It's all getting a bit old! :-)

Although our official due date isn't until Monday, I've been hoping all week that he would come a little early. To our dismay, he's still not wanting to reveal his little face. I feel like there's absolutely NO MORE ROOM for him in my belly, though. My skin feels so tight and when I wake up in the mornings, it is hard as a rock! I'm feeling sorry for his cramped environment.

My boredom has brought me to this post today. What to post? Nothing better than a preview of what's to come - a mixture of these two photos!! Wonder who he will look like? My theory is that first born children almost always look like the father, so...I'm thinking our little Baba Ganoush/Tommy Chuck will look more like an Audi than a Hood. But, we'll see!














baby Daniel James Audi & baby Kimberly Ann Hood

Daniel and I went for a walk this morning and have plans to go walking every day until the big arrival with hopes that it will encourage him to come! I've posted 'still waiting for our son's arrival. Pray with us for a weekend delivery,' on my Facebook, and have already had a couple of comments about others' success stories in speeding up the arrival of their little one. It's always so fun to hear what has 'worked' for some. One of our friends said, "Just go eat a big meal at Cracker Barrel - it worked for us!" I mean, what's the harm in trying??? And, who wouldn't want to eat at Cracker Barrel, whether it helped or not.

6 comments:

Mallory said...

walking and sex... that'll get that boy out!

praying for you guys!

Kevin and Keri Sheckler said...

Whether he looks like an Audi or a Hood, he'll be a good lookin' boy. Enjoy as best you can being bored.:)

Anonymous said...

i can't wait to hear what you're going to name him!! he'll be here very very soon!! :) praying for you and a smooth delivery! :)

The Tylers said...

Saw your parents last night and they said you were still waiting. I know you are so ready to meet your baby-that is an understatement.But we are praying for you girl!

Kandy said...

hang in there girl! enjoy the calm before the storm! just remember you are being the BEST MOMMY ever right now--- growing that baby boy! i can't wait to see pictures and read his name! take care and try to take naps now! love ya'

meredith said...

I ate Cracker Barrell for breakfast the day Sawyer decide to come. That is funny that you had another friend say that!
He was early, so I just thought I tummy hurt because I ate too much, but it was the real thing.